Thursday 7 November 2013

Kas and around

I've adopted a gorgeous cat I've named Pearl. She visits every day and I look after her. She has a really sweet little miaow and curls up on the sunlounger with me. The weather just changed a couple of days ago but all of October was so nice. We drove up to a place called Yenikoy above Kas and I could see our villa on the peninsula a long way down. Mummy and I went to a hamam (Turkish bath) at the near-by Deniz Feneri Hotel - the man swirled bubbles in the air and dropped them all over us. We also went on a day trip to the Greek Island of Meis and I saw 2 turtles swimming in the harbour. I've never seen a turtle before - they were so cute. The best thing was the Captain let me steer the ferry all the way back to Kas!Mummy says we're going to another Greek island called Rhodes next week where I can ride a donkey so I can't wait for that. We're going on the big Greek ferry. Whenever we go into town, I run to see if my Turkish friend Ada is around. We play a lot in the square. I think though, that my very favourite thing has been the big party last week for Republic Day. There were, daddy says, 5000 people in the square celebrating and there were spectacular fireworks. I danced with my friends Burfin and Sedona - we had so much fun and were still playing at 11 o'clock that night. We sit most nights to watch the beautiful sunset and often go for walks after dinner. One Sunday we drove to kekova and went on a boat trip to see the sunken city. Mummy and I are doing some getting ready for school activities in the morning. I'm really excited about starting big school when we get back to Sydney.
Captain Ella - on our way back from the Greek island of Meis
Sunset from our terrace

Dancing with my friends Burfin and Sedona

My friend ferit who works in the best pide restaurant in town

My beautiful Pearl

Daddy and me up in Yenikoy looking down to the peninsula where our villa is

the Greek Island of Meis - just 30 mins by ferry from Kas

My Turkish friend Ada

Fireworks - Republic Day celebrations

Being a local- Republic Day here in Turkey
Kekova Boat trip - mid November and still sunny!

Turtle in harbour on Meis


No comments:

Post a Comment