Thursday 2 January 2014

Rhodes, Greece

The night before we were going on a big Greek ferry, there was a huge storm so we didn't know until the next day if the ferry would be going. Luckily, it was as the storm disappeared so we boarded the huge ferry for our trip to Rhodes, a 3 and a half hour trip from Meis just near Kas. I played hide and seek with Alice. She's been my special friend for the whole big trip. When we arrived in Rhodes, the man who ran the pension where we were staying picked us up. We had to walk down old cobbled streets to get there and we were the only ones staying. In the morning, we had a yummy breakfast in the courtyard and I helped John put everything away. Then it was time to walk through the old town and find the bus to take us to Lindos. I was really excited about going on a donkey ride but then I was so upset cause the donkeys were having a long rest and I didn't get my ride up to the acropolis. I cried a lot. Mummy and daddy said they'd buy me something special to help me feel better so we went in to a jewellery story near our pension run by a lady who had 3 cats running all around the shop. I chose a necklace with a star and the lady told me all about her cats and gave us some Greek food to try. I didn't like the look of those stuffed cabbages so mummy ate them. We spent a lot of time wandering around the old streets and seeing some famous sights but lucky for me, I discovered a great playground close by with rides and a flying fox. We ate lots of yummy Greek food. My favourite was the deep fried small fish. After a few days, it was time to board the catamaran back to Turkey. We arrived early but everyone was rushing to get on. It was leaving an hour earlier so we just made it.  I was excited about seeing Pearl again.
Acropolis at Lindos

Palace of the Grand Masters

Greek Orthodox Church

Flying fox

Medieval towers

Old Town

Our pansion courtyard

No comments:

Post a Comment